Very Small Batch. mid to late 90’s bottling.
- Color: From pistachio shell on the edges to mesquite honey in the core.
- Nose: Nutty and spicy, with French Vanilla toast throughout
- Mouthfeel: Wow, such velvet, much silky!
- Palate: Sharp acidity on the sides (from the wheat, most likely) and sour candy in the back (from the Rye?), with cereals and grains throughout. Orange peel and toast were mostly present, and red fruit coated the inside of my mouth.
- Finish: Long and superior. A bit of honey and citrus peel, with a pleasant warmth lingering for several minutes.
We really loved the dual character of this bourbon, with grains and fruits competing, but overall the vanilla and toasty aspects of it, along with the crazy silk texture, made this a great drink.