Eagle Rare 101
Eagle Rare 101 is a brand of bourbon whiskey that is highly regarded for its quality and flavor profile. It is produced by the Buffalo Trace Distillery, located in Frankfort, Kentucky. Here are some key details about Eagle Rare 17 bourbon:
- Mash Bill: Eagle Rare 101 uses a mash bill that consists of 75% corn, 10% malted barley, and 15% rye. This combination contributes to the bourbon’s unique taste and character.
- Aging Process: Eagle Rare 101 is aged for a minimum of 10 years, which is considered quite a long aging period for bourbon. This extended maturation allows the flavors to develop and intensify, resulting in a smooth and complex whiskey.
- Flavor Profile: Eagle Rare 101 is known for its rich and well-balanced flavor profile. It offers notes of caramel, vanilla, toffee, and toasted oak, with hints of spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. The bourbon has a smooth and velvety texture, making it enjoyable to savor.
- Single Barrel: Each bottle of Eagle Rare 101 is sourced from a single barrel, meaning that the flavor profile may vary slightly from one batch to another. This adds an element of uniqueness and collectability to the brand.
- Awards and Recognition: Eagle Rare 101 has received numerous accolades and awards over the years, solidifying its reputation as a top-quality bourbon. It has been recognized for its excellence by various spirits competitions and whiskey enthusiasts alike.
Eagle Rare 17 is often enjoyed neat or on the rocks, allowing its flavors to shine. It has gained a loyal following among bourbon enthusiasts for its consistency and high quality.
Origin and Overview
Eagle Rare is a distinguished brand of bourbon that has gained a significant following among whiskey enthusiasts. In this overview, we’ll delve into the origin, history, production, and notable characteristics of Eagle Rare bourbon.
The story of Eagle Rare begins at the Buffalo Trace Distillery, located in Frankfort, Kentucky. This historic distillery has been operating since the late 18th century and has a rich heritage in producing quality spirits. Eagle Rare 101 is one of the brands produced by Buffalo Trace, known for its commitment to traditional craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Eagle Rare bourbon stands out for its age and maturity. It is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, which means it must adhere to specific regulations. To earn this designation, the bourbon must be produced in Kentucky, made from a grain mixture consisting of at least 51% corn, distilled to no more than 160 proof, entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof, and aged in new, charred oak barrels for a minimum of two years.
One of the defining features of Eagle Rare 101 is its extended aging process. While most bourbons are aged for around four to six years, Eagle Rare 101 is aged for a minimum of ten years. This extended aging allows the whiskey to develop complex flavors and aromas, making it a favorite among bourbon connoisseurs.