Double Eagle Very Rare
The Double Eagle Very Rare Bourbon is matured twice as long as the standard Eagle Rare 10-year-old bourbon. The presentation with this one includes the Double Eagle crystal decanter featuring two beautifully sculptured crystal glass eagles, one inside the bottle, and one serving as the stopper.
Double Eagle Very Rare is a highly exclusive and limited edition bourbon released by Buffalo Trace Distillery. It is considered one of the most luxurious and sought-after bourbons available. Here are some key details about Double Eagle Very Rare:
- Rarity and Limited Availability: Double Eagle Very Rare is released in very limited quantities, making it a rare and highly coveted bourbon among collectors and enthusiasts.
- Age and Mashbill: The bourbon is aged for at least 20 years, which contributes to its rich and complex flavors. The exact mashbill (the recipe of grains used in distilling) is not disclosed by the distillery.
- Presentation: Each bottle of Double Eagle Very Rare is presented in an exquisite and distinctive packaging. The bottle is displayed in a wooden box adorned with handcrafted silver eagle embellishments. It’s a visually stunning presentation that adds to the allure of the bourbon.
- Bottle Size and Strength: Double Eagle Very Rare is bottled at 90 proof (45% alcohol by volume). The bottle itself is larger than standard bourbon bottles, with a capacity of 1.75 liters, making it even more unique.
- Flavor Profile: While specific tasting notes can vary, Double Eagle Very Rare is known for its complex and layered flavors. It often exhibits notes of caramel, vanilla, oak, dried fruits, and spices, with a smooth and velvety mouthfeel.
- Pricing: Due to its exclusivity and rarity, Double Eagle Very Rare commands a high price point. The exact price may vary depending on factors such as market demand and availability.
It’s worth noting that because of the limited availability and high price, Double Eagle Very Rare may be challenging to find. However, if you have the opportunity to taste it or add it to your collection, it’s considered a special and prestigious bourbon experience.
Overview of Double Eagle Very Rare
Double Eagle Very Rare is a brand of bourbon whiskey that is highly regarded for its quality and flavor profile. It is produced by the Buffalo Trace Distillery, located in Frankfort, Kentucky. Here are some key details about Eagle Rare 17 bourbon:
- Mash Bill: Double Eagle Very Rare uses a mash bill that consists of 75% corn, 10% malted barley, and 15% rye. This combination contributes to the bourbon’s unique taste and character.
- Aging Process: Double Eagle Very Rare is aged for a minimum of 10 years, which is considered quite a long aging period for bourbon. This extended maturation allows the flavors to develop and intensify, resulting in a smooth and complex whiskey.
- Flavor Profile: Double Eagle Very Rare is known for its rich and well-balanced flavor profile. It offers notes of caramel, vanilla, toffee, and toasted oak, with hints of spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. The bourbon has a smooth and velvety texture, making it enjoyable to savor.
- Single Barrel: Each bottle of Double Eagle Very Rare is sourced from a single barrel, meaning that the flavor profile may vary slightly from one batch to another. This adds an element of uniqueness and collectability to the brand.
- Awards and Recognition: Double Eagle Very Rare has received numerous accolades and awards over the years, solidifying its reputation as a top-quality bourbon. It has been recognized for its excellence by various spirits competitions and whiskey enthusiasts alike.
Eagle Rare 17 is often enjoyed neat or on the rocks, allowing its flavors to shine. It has gained a loyal following among bourbon enthusiasts for its consistency and high quality.
Origin and Overview
Eagle Rare is a distinguished brand of bourbon that has gained a significant following among whiskey enthusiasts. In this overview, we’ll delve into the origin, history, production, and notable characteristics of Eagle Rare bourbon.
The story of Eagle Rare begins at the Buffalo Trace Distillery, located in Frankfort, Kentucky. This historic distillery has been operating since the late 18th century and has a rich heritage in producing quality spirits. Double Eagle Very Rare is one of the brands produced by Buffalo Trace, known for its commitment to traditional craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Eagle Rare bourbon stands out for its age and maturity. It is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, which means it must adhere to specific regulations. To earn this designation, the bourbon must be produced in Kentucky, made from a grain mixture consisting of at least 51% corn, distilled to no more than 160 proof, entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof, and aged in new, charred oak barrels for a minimum of two years.
One of the defining features of Double Eagle Very Rare is its extended aging process. While most bourbons are aged for around four to six years, Double Eagle Very Rare is aged for a minimum of ten years. This extended aging allows the whiskey to develop complex flavors and aromas, making it a favorite among bourbon connoisseurs.